Terry has more than 15 years experience delivering user-centered web solutions with measurable results, is a proven leader with more than 10 years experience managing cross-functional teams, and a project manager with diverse skills in technology, design, marketing, and communications.
THERESA (TERRY) MATZ
- More than 15 years experience delivering user-centered web solutions with measurable results.
Proven leader with more than 10 years experience managing cross-functional teams.
Project manager with diverse skills in technology, design, marketing, and communications.
DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER
FAMILY FEATURES EDITORIAL SYNDICATE – Mission, KS May 2013-Present
Lead user experience and web application development projects to meet the needs of internal clients and external customers. Manage vendor development team. Supervise and mentor Digital Project Specialist.
- Directed the user-experience redesign of the client-facing website at marketers.familyfeatures.com in Joomla CMS that improved traffic more than 50%.
- Planned and delivered customized SugarCRM/SuiteCRM by working closely with internal stakeholders to create UX through wireframes and prototypes to guide developers.
- Planned the successful migration of mission critical custom-built .Net websites and custom .Net website administration systems to new hosting.
- Led web and UX projects including UX changes to the customer registration process that improved conversion rate by 25%, the redesign of Matreleases.com, marketing automation integration, enhancements to client reporting web application, and other projects.
- Developed and presented Google Analytics reports to improve understanding of user needs including customized reports, segmentation,and implementation of Google Tag Manager.
DIGITAL PROJECT CONSULTANT
DBA WEBSITE MAKEOVERS– Independence, MO June, 2008-May 2013
Worked closely with business owners and leadership in large, mid-size, and small businesses to deliver website projects that differentiate clients in the online market. Managed programs to improve user experience and content direction to grow client brands.
- Directed the program to develop a new website user experience for Measurement and Control Instruments through development of 15 websites, re-branding, social media strategy, and search engine optimization, working closely with the CEO and Sales Manager.
- Improved online business results by managing user experience design and redesign projects for a variety of businesses including Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Mersoft, Midlands Independent Review Board and others using Joomla, WordPress, Ektron, DotNet Nuke, PHP.
CONSULTANT, PORTAL TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
DINEEQUITY (APPLEBEE’S) – Lenexa, KS March, 2010-January, 2012
Led the redesign the Applebee’s intranet portal to improve the user experience for 32,000 employees and franchisees worldwide. Worked closely with multiple independent franchise owners, multiple stakeholders in various departments, and executive committee members to direct initiatives to support global internal communications strategy. Re-engineered processes to optimize content creation and management. Facilitated the cross-functional governance committee. Created and set style standards and policies that ensure brand integrity.
- Directed new intranet user experience design in Oracle Aqualogic that was praised as a valuable improvement by 92% of team members and franchisees surveyed.
- Reduced content management time by 50% by leading the project to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
- Created and managed programs that supported corporate initiatives through the intranet, such as doubling charitable contributions by implementing online payroll deduction process.
H&R BLOCK, INC – Kansas City, MO Oct. 2000-Feb. 2008
Managed programs and teams to deliver mission critical web application solutions. Managed 6 direct reports and a $600,000 baseline budget.
- Led the cross-functional/multi-project program that scaled the corporate Intranet web site from a field manager message board into an enterprise web portal for 56,000 active users, increasing Intranet web traffic1000% to more than 350,000 page views per day.
- Led the technology team that developed a target-setting and performance-tracking for 7000 office leaders in field offices by delivering a web-based compensation tool under an aggressive 60-day timeline, using .Net, SQL, Oracle, and working closely with leadership in multiple departments and in the field.
- Managed the program that integrated 100,000+ new users from the field and other Block companies into the intranet by automating account creation and scaling the architecture.
- Led the team that generated 74,000 client referrals in 21 days (exceeding the goal of 20,000 referrals) by delivering a web-based referral application with a 24-hour deadline.
WEBMASTER – H&R BLOCK Sept. 1999-Oct. 2000
Improved the value of the intranet and expanded user base. Supervised 3 direct reports.
- Migrated internal communications from print newsletter to intranet web site
- Formed a governance board of key stakeholders and established policies and processes for standardization, prioritization, updating content, and project requests.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – H&R BLOCK Dec. 1998-Sept. 1999
Developed enhancements for Java push-technology application for 10,000 tax field offices.
WEBMASTER (Consultant through Sharp Professional Services)
SPRINT – Overland Park, KS April 1998-Dec. 1998
Acted as webmaster for the Sprint PCS Internet web site by maintaining the online content, administering the systems, developing web pages, and working closely with stakeholders.
APS TECHNOLOGIES – Kansas City, MO Sept. 1997-April 1998
A catalog retailer of computer peripherals purchased by LaCie in 1998.
Tripled on-line sales to up to $30,000 per day by redesigning the e-commerce website to improve user experience.
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. BA, English. Phi Beta Kappa.